Monday, August 2, 2010

In New York

I am back home in New York State. It feels good to be reunited with family, but I dearly miss my friends back in Kentucky!

It seems my weekends are going to be busy as each one has some event planned:
The weekend of the 7th: camping in the Adirondacks and hiking Mount Marcy-- tallest mountain in New York.

August 14: a big party and picnic at a childhood hangout to celebrate my trip and to reconnect friends and family for a day.

August 21: Surprisingly, nothing is planned at the home-front, but I may have plans of my own depending on a dear friend of mine.

There are other plans mixed in throughout the month including shopping for appropriate clothing to wear in Cairo markets. We are also planning a trip to NYC to see the body exhibit and perhaps for a hair appointment at Bumble and Bumble (a highly sought hair salon and academy).

I am working on learning a little Arabic by using flashcards I have found online called Quizlet. Use the links on the left side of the page to find Arabic or any other subject to study. I am also using an interactive learning tool I found called Byki 4 Express. I also ordered a set of CDs to listen to and learn some extra vocabulary.

You would think I wouldn't need the Arabic course I am taking this fall! But I am far from prepared. One can have all the tools to learn a language, but dedication and perseverance are the keys to learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment