Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bon Voyage! Soon.

Still working on preparation for Cairo...more or less. I'm also relaxing as much as possible. Returning home means the return of household responsibilities as a member of the family unit. Sometimes it's strange and hard to re-adapt to the lifestyle I once knew. Coming home has a familiar feeling, but there is a strange newness as well.

The other day my family had a picnic-- a kind of bon voyage party. Surprisingly, the state park where we held the picnic also had their own party, too. There was a DJ at the pool, ice cream, and a cute set up for drenching your friends and loved ones (for $1 you get three throws at a target which will release a spout of ice cold water). Of course I was the subject of the brutal torture! We all had a grand ol' time...quite fun!

My aunt had requested a song for me, which I have posted below for you to enjoy (see link). I've never had a song played for me before! I should travel more often.

In a few words, my bon voyage picnic turned into an event to remember.

Walk Like an Egyptian

0 comments:

Post a Comment